Tuesday, May 31, 2011

it's just a paper...

image
He said, "I have a house, I have a car and I have you. My life is almost complete."
I asked, "What's missing?"
He said, "Our kids."
I said, "Before kids, there must be marriage."
He said, "It's just a paper."
I said, "I can do the cohabit thing but not pregnancy before marriage. My family will kill me."
He said, "Then let's get married."
I stared hard at him and said, "No."
He asked, "Why?"
I said, "You are getting married for the wrong reason!"
He said, "But you wanted to get married and now I asked, you said no."
I said, "That's because you don't want to marry me."
He said, "I was talking to you and not someone else. What do you mean I don't wanna marry you?"
I said, "And if I tell you I don't want kids, will you still wanna marry me?"
He said, "Why won't you want kids? You love them."
I said, "Loving them and having them is different. Would you still marry me if I don't want kids?"
He said, "It's just a paper."

End of conversation.



No comments: