Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I fall for a boy...



"I will fall for a boy who will:
*stand out in the rain with me.
*cook with, or for me.
*let me sing along to the radio. 
*keep surprising me. 
*watch movies with me on lazy days. 
*remember the little things. 
*help me face my fears. 
*start play-fights with me -
with water, or food, or pillows or anything. 
*write me post-it love letters. 
*always say what's on his mind.
*let me wear his clothes. 
*shut me up with kisses. 
*call me things like darling, not babe. 
*hug me and say, "no, you're not." when I say i'm fine. 
*treat me, sometimes like a child. 
*treat me, sometimes, as an adult.
*love me back."
from To Have and To Hold

I have fallen for you because
you dance in the rain with me. 
you eat everything that I cook. 
you hear me sing, maybe shriek.  
you read with me on Saturday brunch.
you come to my rescue when I am at the mercy of a cockroach.
you kiss my tears when I cry for the silliest thing. 
you always speak your mind to me. 
you think i am sexy when I wear your clothes. 
you kiss me when I talk too much. 
you call me baby. 
you talk to me like I am your best friend. 
you watch me sleep. 
you love me.
-thirteendian-

No comments: