Tuesday, January 17, 2012

free love or love free?


I love jazz music. He loves rock music.
I love colors. He loves black.
I love Elmo. He loves Star Wars.

I fly. He swims.
I drive. He rides.
I dream. He works.

I'm here. He's there.
I'm restricted. He's committed.
But we deny it.

What are we? He shakes his head.
Where are we going? I stare into space.
Why are we like this? We both have no answers.

So this is free love?
Sharing our love with no strings.
Sharing our lives with no emotions.
Sharing our heart with no complications.

What if...
what if one day I say I don't like what we are?
what if one day I want more?
what if one day I give up?

Would you...
would you still come after me?
would you be sad?
would you let me go?

then what...
back to friends?
back to you and I?
back to the beginning?

and we become the closest strangers?

No comments: