Thursday, February 24, 2011

till death do us part.

I thot to myself it will never happen. But after 30 years of searching, after countless heartbreaks, I am finally getting married this Saturday.

Broken hearts never heal even as time passed. They always leave a scar. But with those scars, you are marked and you know you won't want to have the same again. We cry and we get over it. We can't just cry and be depressed the whole life. I move on and I know what I want.

Then I met you. 6 months ago. If you loved me, you would come back for me. I didn't hope for anything. I wasn't expecting anything. After all, I know very well that hope can be a vicious beast. You told me you would come back and take my hands. I listened and I reminded myself not to take it seriously. I just needed to guard myself.

December came. You came too and looked for me. Not just me, but my family as well. You told my dad that you wanted to marry me. You were serious. I'm glad I found you.

Everyone is shocked. We only know each other for 6 months and we decided to get married. Not just that, i even had to quit my job and leave my country to be with you and to start afresh in Melbourne. She worshiped me for the courage to do such a thing.

I've seen enough. I've experience enough. When I met him, I know he was the one. There's no need to try things out anymore. This is it. This is him. He agreed with me. We both felt the same way. You walk into my life and I know why it didn't work with the rest.

The day is coming. 2 more days and we will be husband and wife. We will be together. It will be good.

I take you to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love land to cherish, till death do us part, or the Lord comes for His own, and hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

Entreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you, For where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. And where you die, I will die and there I will be buried. May the Lord do with me and more if anything but death parts you from me.

No comments: