Saturday, February 18, 2012

I will always love you...

Source: Unknown

My dad told me when I was young that you will never forget your first love. I think I know what he means now. 

Love at first sight, maybe. When I saw him, I just couldn't take my eyes off him. I had to force myself to stop staring. And I guess it was too obvious that he came over to where I was sitting during the party and asked "Are you admiring me?" Gosh, even his voice drew me in the deepest end of fairy tales. I couldn't stop gazing at him and I didn't answer his question. He took my hands and brought me to the dance floor. I don't remember breathing. 

After that night, I thought I would have never seen him again. When I received his text the next day, I flew the rockets to cloud nine. He's asking me out for dinner. HE'S ASKING ME OUT~ I shrieked and danced around my room. I took the whole day to dress up and I was ready thirty minutes before he came and pick me up. The butterflies...the heartbeat...I thought I was going to faint. 

At dinner, we talked about everything under the sky. He told me about his plans after college and I told him mine. And I knew he was admiring me too through the way he stared at me. After dinner, we went for a stroll and we continued to talk about plans in the future. And when we finally stop, he kissed me. That was it. I was knew I was done.

A few days later when he got back to town, he came and looked for me. We spent the weekends laughing, talking, kissing and laying the bed till the wee hours. We spent every moment in love with each other. It was wild and crazy. It was mad and heart stirring. It was our love. 

We graduated and we both left the country to pursue the plans we had. We still text and email each other once in a while. It's been 5 years since I last saw him and I can never erase him.

-Kel


No comments: