Tuesday, March 01, 2011

friend with benefit

I have a friend…with a benefit. I know, it's singular and the word has to come with each other. You see, he's not a friend. and yes, if it wasn't the whole i'm-in-a-foreignland-let-your-guard-down bullshit, I doubt I would have heard of him after that or even remember him. Without the benefit, he's not a friend but an acquaintance. Without the friend, I won't have the benefit and life goes on.

With the recent "No Strings Attached" movie release, lots of people are talking about the FWB topic. And whether is it possible to remain as friends with benefits or fuck buddy. My stand, "why not" and people will continue asking "even after many many…?” My answer, "I’ll tell you after many many...”

You see, most FWB relationships never last longer than 6 months. The longest I ever know within my circle was a friend who had his for 8 months. FWB plays the games with the rules set and sexual establishments. Once the line is crossed, the game ends. It's game over.

Well, I have a friend...with a benefit. I know the games and I don't wanna get hurt. The only way not to get hurt is lock all emotions away and play all-aloof. Then again, I have too many frowning moments with this FWB.

We learn to protect ourselves and you can't blame me if all I wanted was sex from you. Beyond everything, you're a man and that's what you're after. We will keep it that way.

No comments: